Today, an email mysteriously appeared in my inbox from someone I don't know. It is an announcement for the upcoming Pay It Forward Day for Thursday, April 28, 2011.
The idea is simple. Do something nice for 1-3 people and ask them to pay it forward to someone else. Printable cards are available on the website to facilitate this process. Please feel free to share any ideas and experiences you have, here.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";}
Pay It Forward video interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq6_sGTFZ1A
Pay It Forward – How does it work? http://payitforwardday.com/about/how-does-it-work/
You may be just one person in this world, but to one person, at one time, you are the world. Imagine if each individual looked for the opportunity to help others each day. Imagine the difference that would make.
“If you can’t feed a hundred people, then just feed one.” Mother Teresa
- Can for kindness – you can collect cans of non perishable foods and give to refuge or other organization who would benefit
- Soap Saver – Getting a bunch of people who all travel for work and stay at lots of hotels to donate the free soap, shampoo and conditioner towards a group that would benefit
- Book Giving – Collect books and distribute to needy groups (which might be in a poor country)
- Charity Day – Sausage sizzle, selling chocolates etc. to raise money for a local charity in need
- Hospital – many patients have to pay for the use of the television……..perhaps you can ask the company involved to offer discounted or free TV for patients on PIFD
- Buying the train or bus ticket for the person behind you (+give them a card)
- Donating some of your professional services to someone in need on the day – free hour consultation / etc….
- Buy a stranger a cup of coffee and leave a Pay it Forward card for them
- On a rainy day, buy a few umbrella’s and give them to those who don’t have one and are getting wet. You could attach a Pay it Forward Card to the umbrella
- Visit your local church and ask if there is any family that might need your help
- You may consider becoming a Pay it Forward champion and promoting the day to your local community. That way, more people of all ages are inspired to pay the kindness forward
The possibilities are endless. Who will you make smile today?