At this juncture I find I am curious about how agile we are and will in the future be as a group to deal lovingly with each other's shadow and the group shadow as they/it come to light- in short, how well we tango. So far, I would rate our team, myself included, as still in the learning curve in this area, still in shadow tango 101.
I pledge to do my best to avoid speaking from my shadow here in the Portal. But if you say something that really gets on my nerves, or if I am speaking in defense of something I hold dear, I may temporarily lose consciousness and lapse into shadow-speak. I'm sure you'll recognize it if I do. So when and if this happens, and in the interest of transparency, I'd like to share my own shadow tango protocol.
Bodhi's Shadow Tango Protocol
When I am sharing from my shadow here on the Portal it is:
- unconscious - My powers of higher reasoning have left the building...
- not necessarily based in reality - I understand that what I share may be entirely unrealistic, unreasonable, and unjustified, it is my shadow talking after all
- a gift - I offer this as a gift of my shadow's perspective only. Not to be taken seriously as a judgment of others. And not for judgment by others.
- an invitation to accept my shadow as it is - Please don't try to lovingly persuade my shadow to change its perspective; or invite it to breathe sacred love with you; or otherwise argue the merits of its reasoning. Please understand that if you try, you will only reinforce its position, invite its distrust and wrath, and likely prevent it from speaking in the future.
- an invitation to witness the gift - It only needs to be witnessed. An appropriate response might be, "I hear you, thank you for sharing this gift with me."
If you are like my dear brother Fred, and just can't resist the urge to call me on my shit, then at least have the good sense to wait a day or so for me to calm down.
Unless of course you want to get the dragon from hell. Rrrrrraaaaaawwwwwwrrrrrrr!
Thanks and have a lovely day!